Sunday, June 22, 2014

2014 Upper Deck Football Blaster Box Break #1

I picked up a blaster box of 2014 Upper Deck Football.  I haven't opened a blaster before.  I have opened up a hobby box of this product and liked it a lot so I figured I'd give the blasters a try too.

The blasters are a little expensive.  They're $19.99 plus tax, for 35 cards and a bonus pack of Johnny Manziel career highlight cards (5 cards).  That's basically $20 for 40 cards, or about 50 cents per card.  That is pretty steep for a low end retail product.  But on the plus side, the blaster box does guarantee you over 35 rookie cards in the blaster.  In other words, you're not going to get a ton of worthless veteran base cards. 


The only notable cards I got were a Blake Bortles rookie card, and a Jordan Lynch rookie card.  I don't have either of those yet, so I was glad to get those rookie QBs. 



I was pretty lucky and also got one SSP card and one SP card.  The SSP card was a Aaron Colvin rookie card, and the SP card was a Martavis Bryant rookie card.  I actually got a SP Martavis Bryant rookie card in my hobby box, so now I have two.

The Johnny Manziel cards were unremarkable.  I don't think they're really true rookie cards so I'll probably sell them. 

Overall, not a bad break.  I got lots of rookie cards, one top QB draft draft pick, a SP rookie card, and a SSP rookie card.  There are worse ways to spend $20.  I can live with the outcome of this blaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment