Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2014 Upper Deck Football Box Break #1

I bought myself a hobby box of 2014 Upper Deck Football.  I bought this box off of Blowout Cards for about $90.  The price is a little on the high side for what I think it should be, but I wanted to bust some 2014 product.  Anyways, here's the damage.    

Notable Base Rookie Cards:
Johnny Manziel
Sammy Watkins SP (not pictured)
Jimmy Garoppolo
Tom Savage
Martavis Bryant SP


1994 UD Tribute Star Rookie Inserts:
Marion Grice 
Stephen Morris
Taylor Lewan

College Tribute:
Penn State's White Out


UD Authentics:
Blake Bortles
Bruce Ellington
Jeff Mathews (not pictured)


Upper Deck Letterman:
James White (New England Patriots, 4th Round, 130th Overall)
Stephen Morris (Undrafted)


Rookie Autographs:
Devin Street (Dallas Cowboys, 5th Round, 146th overall)


Post-Break Thoughts: 

Overall, I think this was an "okay" box.  My hits weren't great.  Stephen Morris went undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft.  It always sucks when one of your hits is an undrafted free agent.  Devin Street isn't a big name, nor is James White.  I wasn't expecting, but I sure was hoping to get at least one big name hit in the box. 

On the other hand, the inserts weren't bad at all.  I did well on the UD Authentics, getting three of them in this box.  I think most boxes only have one or two.  Even better, two out of three were big name players.  Obviously, Bortles is a good guy to get, and Bruce Ellington is supposedly to be a baller. 

The College Tribute cards are cool, and I'm lucky to get one in my box, but I'll probably sell the White Out. 

Would I buy another box of this?  Yes, but only at the right price.  I definitely wouldn't pay more than $100 for a box of this.  A fairer price point is probably around $80.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment