Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2014 Topps Inception Football Box Break

I picked up three hobby boxes from a local card show.  I ended up buying 2014 Topps Inception, 2014 Upper Deck SP Authentic, and 2014 Topps Platinum.

Here's the Inception box.


This Inception box was only $65.  I think that was a pretty good deal considering that Blowout Cards is selling Inception boxes for $82 right now.  What's crazy is that another guy at the card show was also selling Inception boxes and he wanted $95 per box!  Um, no.

I really like Inception.  The cards are high quality.  Can't complain about getting this nice looking Tom Savage patch autograph.


When I was looking at the back of the card I noticed that the little biography talks about him playing for UCLA.  This is obviously a mistake since Tom Savage played his last year at Pittsburgh.  The biography information is for UCLA's quarterback Brett Hundley.  How could Topps make this mistake?  Hudley was still in college in 2014.  He hadn't even turned pro yet!

Even though this is an error card, the error will not impact the card's value.  I can only see this card being worth more than usual due to its error if Tom Savage some day becomes a star.


The other autograph in the pack was Terrance West.  I like the on-card autograph, but geez what a lazy signature.


The final hit was a De'Anthony Thomas patch card.  You can barely see three colors in the patch window.


The parallel card was a Julius Thomas magenta numbered to 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment