Monday, March 16, 2015

Four Packs of 2014 SP Authentic Football

I picked up four packs of 2014 Upper Deck SP Authentic Football from my local LCS.  I wanted to get a box, but they were all out so I just bought their remaining loose packs.

This is my first time seeing these cards in person.  I've been dying to get my hands on these since they came out but I've been busy spending all my money on other products that I just never got around to it.

Geez, Upper Deck does a really nice job with these cards.  The base cards are gorgeous.


It really is a shame that Upper Deck is losing its college license to Panini.  Upper Deck has some of the most timeless, classic, and clean designs of all the major card companies.


Didn't hit any autographs in the four packs, but I did hit two Future Watch inserts.  I remember this design from when I was a kid.  Such a classic and awesome design.

The original 2000 SP Authentic Football cards were stamped along the left and right edges.  The 2014 cards aren't stamped; however, Upper Deck put a gloss on the card in those areas to simulate the stamp.  You can't see it on the scans, but it's there.


Even the back of the cards are well designed.  Panini, on the other hand, practically ignores the back of cards and doesn't make the back informative and worth reading.

Sigh.  I'm going to miss Upper Deck's college stuff.  I guess I better buy up as much of this as possible before it's all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment